Website b1 Engineering Solutions GmbH & Co. KG
We are looking for new colleagues who are eager to shape the future of our growing mid-size engineering company in Europe and North-America.
We are an internationally recognized engineering service provider for high reliability embedded electronics and software development. We are serving many future-proof application domains like medical devices, e-mobility, industrial automation, and railway systems. This comprises lots of challenging tasks around sensors, AI, signal- and image processing, IoT, robotics, connectivity and communications technologies.
We are proud of our reliable and well-established international engineering teams and would like to grow our company with the support of additional experienced electronics hardware engineers at our Munich location.
You should cover several of the following competencies:
- Proficient in general electronics development (from scratch or starting with a given design spec)
- A minimum of three years of experience in FPGA design (Verilog/VHDL coding, FPGA design flow including simulation, synthesis, and technology mapping) for different technologies and suppliers like Intel PSG (Altera), Xilinx or Lattice
- Hands-on experience with programmable SoC platforms like Xilinx Zynq
- Knowledge with artificial intelligence, especially edge AI, as well as embedded vision applications
- Experience with concept and requirements engineering in application domains like automotive, medical devices or railway
- Competence in performing feasibility studies and tradeoff analysis between solutions based on microcontroller, DSP or FPGA technologies
- Holistic perception to take into account as well requirements from mechanics and software
- Ability to create appropriate hardware architectures that fulfil given design targets like performance, cost, quality and/or scalability
- Experience in the development, verification and test of functional blocks (primarily digital) under consideration of EMC, signal/power integrity and thermal aspects
- Primarily digital designs, however, some understanding of analog designs like power supply, I/O Interfaces, A/D converter, high speed interfaces, etc.
- Working experience with tooling for schematic entry
- Bring-up and test of developed boards
- Overview on connectivity protocols and solutions (incl. available chipsets)
- Integration of sensors and actors into the design
- Knowledge of commonly used interfaces (e.g., PCIe, UART, I2C, USB, SPI, SDIO)
- Writing, editing and reviewing of paper work like specifications, documentation and reports
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English or German
Additional expertise would be a plus in one or more of the following topics:
- Specific design expertise like analog design, power electronics, power supplies
- PCB simulation and layout tooling, e.g. SPICE, Altium
- Deeper knowledge of telematics applications and/or wireless solutions
- Basic understanding of domain-specific quality and safety-critical standards like ISO 13485 or ISO 26262
Your future colleagues are outstanding professionals who are looking forward to sharing their practical working experience via joint on-the-project work with you.
You will be mentored during your onboarding period. Our offering comprises German language classes and helping hands for getting started in Munich, e.g. for apartment-hunting or administrative tasks.
You will be integrated right from the start into customer projects or into our own platform developments.
You will experience flexible working hours (flextime) and optional home office phases that will allow a good balance between project requirements and your private life.
The development projects will generally take place in small to medium sized international teams. We are dedicated to follow high standards in functional safety and quality assurance according to the latest development standards and industry norms.
Our projects are primarily based at our headquarters in Munich or at our subsidiary office in Toronto, Canada. We are also offering the option to switch locations between Munich and Toronto for a limited period of time, if you are interested. Temporary deployments within the EU and the US are also possible.
We are offering to you a friendly and reliable working environment with a flat hierarchy and quick decision making as well as lots of room for your creativity and lateral thinking.
Finally, you will be informed on a quarterly basis about our business data & outlook directly by our management team. A summer celebration in the beer garden and a Christmas party are fixed dates in our calendar as well.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com